By Kate Springer | September 14th, 2015
Yum cha is pretty much the best thing in the world: it cures hangovers, hunger pangs and in some cases even serious marital issues. But you have to go through some rough times before you can bask in the glow of complete culinary satisfaction.
1. You rush to get in line before the crowd but you’re too late.
2. You finally get a table but there is no one in sight to serve you.
3. A trolley lady passes by. She MUST have some food.
4. While you wait, you down approximately three pots of jasmine tea and two pots of pu-erh all by yourself.
5. Ah! Finally! Towers of steaming baskets plop down on the table. Maybe we over-ordered?
6. There’s only one char siu bao left and everyone’s politely ignoring it while working through the rest. Fine… if no one else is gonna do it…