Sometimes you really need to get to know someone before you start to notice ingrained prejudices and subscriptions to stereotypes. Other times, little details can say a lot. Here are some telltale signs your partner could be storing some not-so-sexy sexist tendencies.
1. Missing chilli sauce or a pair of chopsticks at the dai pai dong? They always expect you to go get ’em.
2. The bill comes, and you’re the only one who reaches for it.
3. At home, they assume you’ll be the one to cook and wash the dishes. Every night.
4. It’s not just cooking, though. It’s ALL the damn chores.
5. But when the dehumidifier’s full, you wait for your SO to dump the water.
6. It’s summer, you’re getting ready, and they say your outfit’s too revealing.
8. Your SO’s constantly blaming you for not earning enough to buy a flat. In Hong Kong. Where no one can buy a flat.
9. When things get serious, they expect you to move into their place. And by their place, they obviously mean the parents’ place.