Did you spend an exorbitant amount of your childhood trekking up and down the steep slopes of Central? You must be a Mid-Levels kid. Here are a few more ways to know for sure…
1. You remember when there was no such thing as SoHo. No bars, no restaurants, but instead quiet streets and a hell of a lot more cha chaan tengs…
2. You used to have a favorite tree that you walked by every day on your way to school. But wait, where have all the trees gone?
3. You’re all too familiar with the unpredictable traffic but it still MAKES YOU SO ANGRY!
4. You die a little inside when the Mid-Levels Escalator is out of service.
5. You continue unfazed, hiking up the steep slopes and never-ending staircases for the umpteenth time.
6. You’ve tripped walking down the stairs in front of everyone in SoHo. Several times.
7. When you first visited the New Territories, you experienced severe culture shock. Wow. So mystery. Such Hong Kong.
8. You avoid telling people you grew up in Mid-Levels, because they will assume you’re a rich spoiled brat.
9. When they moved the Star Ferry Pier, it added like 20 extra minutes to your commute.
10. Cravings for tofu pudding keep you up at night. Central has everything but this sweet treat, though thankfully there is one now.
11. Your favorite place to hang out as a kid was HMV, back when there were two stores to choose from.
OMG I cant wait to go! Via Giphy
12. Your other favorite place as a kid? Pacific Place, where there used to be a Pizza Hut, a KFC, and a gigantic McDonald’s before it got all fancy.
Pacific Place was paradise. Via Giphy