As much as we love to complain, there are lots of amazing little things about living in Hong Kong that are worth celebrating every single day. Here’s when you know you’re #winning in Hong Kong.
1. When the bus is about to pull away, but the driver still opens the door for you.
2. When you go to a cha chaan teng, and you can see the egg tarts coming out of the oven.
3. When you’re changing trains at Yau Tong or North Point during rush hour, and an EMPTY TRAIN arrives.
4. When your Octopus card runs out of money, but you find the exact change for your bus ride at the bottom of your purse.
5. When your hair looks tamed and frizz-free on a humid day.
6. When you are actually wearing the perfect number of layers: not too hot for outside, and just cozy enough for the insane indoor AC.
7. When the fruit stall vendor at your local wet market recognizes you and gives you a discount.
8. When you finally figure out how to navigate Mid-Levels. Going from Elgin Street to Kau U Fong? You know the shortest route and where to get a dollop of free Aesop hand lotion on the way.
9. When you snag a taxi within the first minute. Double happiness when you’re in Central/amber rainstorm/New Territories.
10. When you get a taxi CROSSING THE HARBOR after midnight.
11. When you manage to get out of bed and finish a three-hour hike on a Saturday.
12. When you go for hotpot and somehow manage to leave without smelling like hotpot.
13. When you eat spicy Sichuan noodles without staining your top!