Just when you learn to cope with the cold, winter’s gone in a poof and it’s hello heat and humidity…
1. Your favorite thing in the world is no longer your room heater, but your GLORIOUS DE-HUMIDIFIER. Pouring water from your de-humidifier is, simply, the most satisfying feeling in the world.
2. You stop craving chicken pot and soup noodles, and are constantly lusting after sashimi and sushi, cold noodles, and ice-cold tofu pudding.
3. Your hair used to look fabulous even if you skipped a shampoo, now it just sticks to your face a la ‘The Ring’.
4. And your beloved dewy foundation is making your face shine brighter than the ICC during Symphony of Lights…
5. The super warm underwear that you wore religiously every single day? It’s now at the bottom of your closet with your sweatpants and leather boots.
6. You leave your clothes out to dry. Two days later… still wet. FU humidity!
7. You cursed every air-conditioner during winter. But now, you pretend to shop in 7-Eleven so they’ll blast the sweat off you.
8. The city is so foggy you literally cannot see across Victoria Harbour.
9. Even your pets seem to be wet all the time.
10. The entirety of Hong Kong literally smells like salted fish. The stink is everywhere… at least until October!
11. The air is so thick and stagnant it feels like you’re walking through a bowl of congee. Suddenly a breeze, and you stop in your tracks to savor it.