By Phoebe Cheng | November 17th, 2015
Stop everything you’re doing right now — this is important. In the age-old brunch vs. dim sum debate, dim sum has emerged victorious. And we have a steamer basket full of reasons why…
1. There’s so much more variety. Opening a dim sum menu is like…
…while a brunch menu is like
2. Dim Sum is basically the best hangover food EVER
3. Har gau are adorable AND delicious. Seriously, just look at all that pearly shrimpy glory!
4. Dim sum cures hangovers, while boozy brunches just cause new ones. And you don’t need anymore of those…
5. Dim sum portions are small so you can eat a tonnnn
6. The constant effort to flag down a waitress helps you burn off that siu mai, so you can eat more
7. You’re taking part in age-old rituals like rinsing bowls and chopsticks, pouring tea…
8. When have you ever seen an animal-shaped eggs Benedict? Gudetama buns, say whaa?
9. You can go for dim sum on your own — no judgement. But solo brunch?
10. Dim sum is like a history lesson. 5,000 years of civilization, baby!