We live among mountains, infinite stairs, and human obstacle courses. We’re practically inside a steam room with the insufferable humidity come summertime. There’s almost no reason at all to join a gym in Hong Kong with these naturally occurring fat-blasting opportunities.
1. Dinner at Yardbird. Have you tallied up all the steps up to Bridges Street? There are like 300 stairs in every single chicken skewer. And they’re worth every step.
2. Race walking in the rain. Whoever has the most eyeballs left at the end of the day wins!
3. Shopping at Ikea. Pull out your Muay Thai moves when someone steals the last bath mat. No sitting on the couches, dammit. That’s cheating.
4. Riding a mini bus? Stabilize your abs as the driver races around the next sharp turn. And the next. And the next.
5. Escalator rebellion: “Stand still, don’t walk?” Sorry lady, we’re going up, then down, then up again. Repeat x 3.
6. Lend a hand on the Sai Ying Pun dried seafood streets. They always need help tossing bags of fish maw around if the piles on the sidewalk are any indication.
7. There’s a reason those shirtless homies pushing carts in the street look so ripped. Grab an empty cart, push it straight into the path of a pedestrian nearby, and voilà: 10-minute abs!