It’s a tough life being so little. But keep that chin up — you’re not alone. Height-challenged Hongkongers will totally understand these short people problems!
1. The pain and frustration when automatic doors refuse to acknowledge your existence. Seriously, this is just rude.
2. When you try on petite dresses but even those are too long, so you still have to shell out more $$ to get everything hemmed.
3. Meanwhile, crop tops are the exact right length for your torso. This was meant to be a dress, right?
4. You’re constantly asked, who’s taller: You, or super tiny DJ and actress Kitty Yuen 小儀*?
5. Your friends use you as an arm rest, even on the hottest and most humid days. Guys. Come on.
6. Back in secondary school, you always had to sit in the front row. Most days involved dodging teacher spittle and you never got to take a nap.
7. You jump to take that bottle of soy sauce from the top rack at the supermarket but you can’t put it back.
8. When you totter around Central’s steep slopes in sky-high heels in an effort to look taller. At least you don’t have far to fall…
9. Your boyfriend/girlfriend can never find you in big crowds. So you’re pretty much invisible in Hong Kong.
10. And during concerts/protests/clubs/festivals all you can see is a row of sweaty backs.
11. That suffocating feeling during MTR rush hour when you’re trapped among the armpits.
12. When you have to STAND UP to get any food at hot pot because your arms can’t reach the pot.